Table Talk with Michael Pollan of The Omnivore’s Dilemma Tenth Anniversary Edition |
Ask Your Questions Now ›
Mediterranean Lamb Burger
- Large hamburger buns . butter; small tender manoa style lettuce, Juicy vine tomatoes, fresh ground pepper, alittle salt
- Freshly ground prime beef - sirloin , new york and rib eye ( not a big deal then)
- vine tomatoes, spanish onions ( like maui), fresh ground pepper amazing bacon avocado optional. just a hint of thousand island dressing, mustard.salt
First enjoyed this burger at the PowerDive cafe outside of Westminster California after riding instruction at a nearby Stable .My Dad and I had excellent instruction by one of California’s best R.R. The time was the late 50’s. The burgers were perfection.
- 1Brown large buns with butter on grill, grill beef to degree requested by guest.The bacon was created slightly ahead by placing medium thick slices on an open charcoal grill and slowly cooking until like parchment – Bacon cooked this way is
- 2simply unlike any other -perfect.! It could stand alone like a delicious crisp morsel. Assemble burger by applying musterd, small amount of dressing , thinly sliced tomato, avocado only if requested and a tart pickle
- 3The best quality beef – the generous cuts varied occasionally, homemade buns lightly crisped- thinly sliced skin -on deep fried potatoes – pomme frite style All in baskets with light paper.