Ravioli Pasta Dough
Pasta e Fagioli
Table Talk with Michael Pollan of The Omnivore’s Dilemma Tenth Anniversary Edition |
Ask Your Questions Now ›
- 1 pound frozen spinach
- 1 clove garlic
- 4-5 dried porcini or shiitake mushrooms OR 10 sundried tomatoes (dry or in oil) OR a few slices of ham chopped up
- 1 cup heavy cream OR half-n-half OR bechamel
- A little oil or butter
- A pound of dried pasta of any kind, including tortellini
- Some grated cheese, preferably parmesan
When the cupboard is bare and you need a quick meal.
- 1Saute the garlic and either mushrooms, sundried tomatoes or ham in a little oil, add the frozen spinach and put a lid on it. When the spinach is about half defrosted, add the cream. Let cook gently until spinach is completely defrosted.
- 2Meanwhile boil water for the pasta and cook the pasta according to instructions.
- 3To serve, either simply mix the sauce with the pasta and serve with grated cheese on the side. You can also mix the two together, put in a pyrex, top with grated cheese and stick under the broiler to melt and brown cheese.