Table Talk with Michael Pollan of The Omnivore’s Dilemma Tenth Anniversary Edition |
Ask Your Questions Now ›
Artichoke and Crab Dip
Pasta with Artichoke Pesto
Penne with Artichoke Hearts
- 400 to 500g package of Penne or Fusilli pasta (you can use more or less pasta depending on how much artichoke you want in each dish)
- 1 450g. package of frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 5 TBSP of olive oil
- splash of white wine
- 1/4 cup water
It seems simplicity is the latest theme in my life. Not for me a vegan life of fake meats and soy cheeses. Why would I even have to eat those types of food when I live in a grossly abundant country full of amazing fruits and vegetables? I have been on an artichoke kick lately, as we can still find them in the market, but I have also discovered that frozen artichoke hearts are delicious, and can supply me with artichoke hearts when they are not in season. As they are frozen when they are at their freshest, they taste sublime.
- 1Fill a large pot with water and bring to boil
- 2add salt to boiling water and add pasta of choice, cook until al dente
- 3While pasta is cooking pour olive oil, splash of wine and garlic in a non stick pan.
- 4Simmer at medium heat for about 1 to 2 minutes, then add the artichokes
- 5add 1/4 cup of water, and sautée until pasta is ready
- 6Drain pasta and mix it in the pan with the rest of the ingredients, mix.
- 7Serve in deep dish pasta bowls. Do not add cheese