Table Talk with Chef Zachary Golper of Bien Cuit |
Answers Are In! ›
Easy Tart Dough
Pear Baby Food
Pear Tart Recipe
-150 g flour (1 cup)
-100 g butter (3.5 oz)
-50 g sugar (1.8 oz)
-1 table spoon of cream
-1 kg pears (2.2 lb)
-Lemon juice from ½ lemon
-150 g sugar (3/4 cup)
-1 whole clove
-Pinch of ground cinnamon
This pear tart recipe is a runner in my family and I’m sure that once you make it, it will join your home as well.
- 1Preheat the oven at 180°C – 355°F
- 2Prepare the short bread crust:
• Knead the flour, butter, sugar, cream and pinch of salt to smooth dough. I recommend using the hook attachment on most mixers, but you could use your hands.
• Cover the dough with plastic foil and place it in a fridge for 30 minutes.
• Roll the dough until ¼” or thinner on a silicone pad, and if you don’t have one, use wrapping foil.
• Flip the dough onto a round 9”form; make sure that the sides of the form are also covered.
• Make couple of holes with a fork in the dough so that the steam can escape.
• Bake it at 180°C for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- 3Prepare the pear filling:
• Peel the pears, remove the seeds, cut half in small pieces, the other into even slices and sprinkle with lemon juice. If you have large pears like “Abata,” then you might need to only two to cut into slices, the rest needs to be chopped. The juice prevents the pears from turning brown.
• In a frying pan, boil 200 ml of water with the sugar, clove and cinnamon, after 15 minutes take the clove out and add the small cut pears.
• Cook until most of the juice evaporates and the pears are thick.
• Pour the pears onto the baked bottom and place the pear slices on top.
• Bake 30 minutes at 180°C.