Pear and Spinach Salad
Nothing rounds out a meal better than a well-made salad. This spinach salad would be great alongside roasted pork or a filling soup.
This recipe was featured as part of our Fall Ingredients photo gallery.
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 5 cups baby spinach (about 5 ounces)
- 1 medium Bosc pear, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1Place onion in a small bowl of ice water and let sit for 10 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, place mustard, vinegar, water, oil, honey, salt, and pepper in a medium nonreactive bowl and whisk until combined.
- 3Strain onion from ice water, pat dry, and place in a large nonreactive bowl. Add spinach, pear, and 3 tablespoons of the dressing and toss until evenly coated. Taste, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, and add more dressing as desired.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved