Pachae (파채)- Seasoned Green Onions
Seasoned green onions go well with many dishes, both Korean and non Korean. Mix this up and serve with Korean Grilled Meats, or your favorite grill or BBQ recipe.
- 8 to 10 medium green onions
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper flakes
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 1/2 tablespoon rice wine
- 1/2 tablespoon water
- 1Mix all seasoning sauce ingredients in a medium mixing bowl and let stand at room temperature for 1/2 hour.
- 2Trim root and any discolored leaves from the green onion.
- 3Cut the green onions into 1 1/2 to 2 inch lengths, then sliver each section.
- 4Rinse slivered onion in cold running water, then drain.
- 5Mix green onion into the seasoning sauce and let stand about fifteen minutes.
- 6Chill and serve.
Member recipes are not tested by the Chowhound editorial team .
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved