Table Talk with Michael Pollan of The Omnivore’s Dilemma Tenth Anniversary Edition |
Ask Your Questions Now ›
Grilled Sweet Potatoes
Sweet Potatoes Anna Casserole
Molasses Whipped Sweet Potatoes
- 3 large sweet potatoes, about 3 pounds
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of molasses
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
This creamy sweet potato mash was served at the Obama inaugural luncheon.
- 1Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Place sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and roast until easily pierced with a fork, about 1 hour.
- 3Peel the skin off of the sweet potatoes while still hot. By hand or mixer, smash potatoes until all large chunks are gone. Combine the potatoes, butter, salt, orange juice, brown sugar, ground cumin, molasses and maple syrup in a large bowl. Continue to mix all together until all lumps are gone. Adjust any of the seasonings to your specific tastes. Can be made the day before.