Table Talk with Michael Pollan of The Omnivore’s Dilemma Tenth Anniversary Edition |
Ask Your Questions Now ›
Pumpkin Spice Bundt Cake with Salted Caramel...
Cinnamon-Walnut Bundt Cake
Mocha Bundt Cake
- 1-1/2 cups butter
- 12 squares ( 1 ounce each) bittersweet chocolate
- 2-1/4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups strong brewed coffee
- 2 teaspoons rum extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour,all-purpose
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners' sugar and whipped cream optional
This cake is moist and rich,these are the comments I get every time I serve this.Bittersweet chocolate and strong coffee pair up to deliver the distinctive taste. This cake does not need to iced so it makes for easy transporting. Great for bake sales or potlucks.
- 1In a microwave,melt butter and chocolate;stir until smooth.Transfer to a large mixing bowl.Beat in sugar.Add eggs one at a time,beating well after each addition.Beat in the coffee and extracts.Combine the flour,baking soda and salt;gradually add to the chocolate mixture.
- 2Pour into a greased and floured 10-in.fluted tube pan.Bake at 325 F. for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.Cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- 3Dust with confectioners’ sugar.Serve with whipped cream if desired.
- 4See more recipes at:www.havefunbaking.com
And also at: www.lovetobakeandcook.blogspot.com