Middle Eastern Lamb Burgers
Beef burgers are great, but every once in a while you might want something different to throw on the grill. Try this lamb burger: meaty and juicy, with loads of aromatic spices, and topped with a cooling Cucumber and Cumin Yogurt Relish that beats ketchup any day.
Read more about grilling.
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 1/4 cup minced white onion
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 burger buns or ciabatta bread cut in half
- Cucumber and Cumin Yogurt Relish (see recipe intro)
- 1Combine all of the ingredients except the bread and relish in a large bowl and mix until evenly incorporated. Form into 4 patties.
- 2Heat a grill pan or outdoor grill to medium (about 350°F to 450°F). Once the grill is hot, cook the burgers about 10 minutes per side, or until the juices run clear and the patties are firm to the touch.
- 3Place the lamb burgers on the buns, top with relish, and serve.
Beverage pairing: Green Point Shiraz, Australia. The spice and black pepper in the wine merge wonderfully with the flavors of these burgers, while the blackberry and plum notes refresh the mouth.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved