Meat & Noodles
My mom made this for me all the time growing up. She is a horrible cook, and her meals always included noodles. I eat much healthier now (partly because I CAN cook) but every so often I’ll make this dish. It’s super easy, includes very few ingredients (most of which you should already have at home), and tastes freaking delicious.
- 1 package of ground meat (beef or turkey)
- 1 package of rotini (spiral noodles) or penne
- garlic salt to taste
- ketchup to taste
- 1-3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1Boil pasta. When ready, drain and set aside.
- 2While pasta is cooking, drop a tablespoon or two of olive oil into a hot pan. Place the ground meat in the pan and cook. Season with garlic salt. While browning, mix and break up any large pieces of meat.
- 3When pasta is ready and meat is well seasoned and cooked, toss pasta in with meat and allow all to cook and brown. Season with a bit more garlic salt if needed.
- 4Once incorporated, spoon meat and noodle mix into a bowl. Squirt some ketchup all over the pasta and mix completely to coat.
- 5Eat and enjoy.
Member recipes are not tested by the Chowhound editorial team .
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved