CHOW Test Kitchen
This basic but versatile dressing of lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, anchovies, and olive oil can be used to top anything from bread salad to grilled chicken or fish.
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (from about 1 to 2 medium lemons)
- 6 anchovies, finely chopped
- 3 medium garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Place all of the ingredients except the oil in a medium nonreactive bowl, stir to combine, and let sit for 15 minutes. Then, while whisking continuously, add the oil in a slow, steady stream until it’s fully incorporated. Refrigerate in a container with a tightfitting lid for up to 4 days.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved