This salsa veers away from the common tomato-based style and instead has a citrusy mixture of mangoes, jicama, onion, spicy serrano chiles, cilantro, and lime juice. Use it for topping tacos, quesadillas, or fajitas.
- 2 cups small-dice jicama
- 2 cups small-dice mango (from about 2 medium mangoes)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped white onion (from about 1/2 medium onion)
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice (from about 2 medium limes)
- 2 serrano chiles, stemmed and finely chopped
- Kosher salt
Place all of the measured ingredients in a medium bowl, season with salt, and stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved