Table Talk with Michael Pollan of The Omnivore’s Dilemma Tenth Anniversary Edition |
Ask Your Questions Now ›
Cold Pasta Salad with Baby Artichokes (Pinninos...
Muffaletta Pasta Salad
Italian Pasta Salad
- 1/3 cup small-dice red onion
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Kosher salt
- 1 pound fusilli pasta
- 1 cup marinated artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped (about 8 ounces)
- 1 1/2 cups medium-dice provolone cheese (about 8 ounces)
- 1 cup medium-dice dry Italian salami, casing removed (about 4 ounces)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes (about 3 ounces)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
The classic Italian antipasti plate, with its salty, briny, and rich elements, translates perfectly to a hearty pasta salad. Since the flavors in this salad get better as they sit, it’s well-suited for your next picnic or potluck alongside some Buttermilk Fried Chicken.
- 1Place the onion, vinegar, and oregano in a large, nonreactive bowl and stir to combine; set aside.
- 2Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook according to the package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water until cool. Drain any excess water and transfer to the bowl with the onion-vinegar mixture.
- 3Add the remaining measured ingredients and toss until evenly combined. Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed. Serve at room temperature, or prepare up to 1 day in advance and refrigerate until ready to serve.