Sautéed Mushroom and Pancetta Bruschetta
Onion, Mushroom, and Goat Cheese Mini Frittatas...
Table Talk with Michael Pollan of The Omnivore’s Dilemma Tenth Anniversary Edition |
Ask Your Questions Now ›
- 5 thyme sprigs
- 2 teaspoons dry chamomile tea leaves
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3/4 ounce St-Germain elderflower liqueur
- 1 large egg white
- 2 ounces vodka
- Lemon twist, for garnish
Ronaldo Colli, a San Francisco Bay Area mixologist and co-owner of the Ivy Room in Albany, California, developed this cocktail for CHOW. Thyme is toasted in a pan to enhance its flavor, then muddled with chamomile leaves and lemon juice. Add a bit of floral and sweet elderflower liqueur plus vodka, then shake with an egg white for a light and frothy drink.
- 1Place a cocktail glass in the freezer to chill. Place 4 of the thyme sprigs in a dry frying pan over medium heat and toast until fragrant, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- 2Muddle the toasted thyme, tea leaves, and lemon juice in a cocktail shaker until the thyme is gently crushed, about 5 seconds. Add the elderflower liqueur, egg white, and vodka, plus enough ice to fill about halfway. Close and shake until frosty, about 20 seconds.
- 3Pour through a fine-mesh strainer into the chilled glass and garnish with the lemon twist and remaining thyme sprig.