Table Talk with Michael Pollan of The Omnivore’s Dilemma Tenth Anniversary Edition |
Ask Your Questions Now ›
Chocolate Cheesecake Bars
- CRUST 2/3 C Melted Butter ,2 C Graham Cracker Crumbs.
- Filling-----1 -8 ounce pkg cream cheese(light)
- 1- 4 ounce pkg regular cream cheese both at room temp.
- 1 3/4 C sugar and 1 3/4 T lemon juice
- 1 1/2C whipping cream and 1 pkt of whipcream stabelizer.
- Fruit Topping - 4 c frozen or fresh Huckleberries
- 1 C water
- 1C sugar
- 4 T cornstarch
- 2 T lemon juice
I use Huckleberrys as the topping for this Cheesecake . The cheesecake is also much lighter than the usual ones. Plus if you like, these are also delicious as individual tarts using both crumb crusts OR pastry tart shells.
- 1Crumb crust Melt 2/3 c of butter add Graham Cracker crumbs, stir and press into 13×9 pan. no need to cook. cool
- 2Filling…Beat cream cheese, sugar and Lemon juice. Fold in the whipped Cream.Spread entire mixture over crumb crust.. cool
- 3Fruit Topping—Combine all ingredients together in saucepan. Stir Well. Heat and stir over medium heat until boiling. Simmer gently for approximately 5 minutes ,until berries release their juice. Cool and then spread onto cream layer. Cool at least an hour. This can also be served in individual tart shells of pastry or crumb crusts