Hot Honey Lemonade
Adapted from Stephanie Rosenbaum
This comforting winter warmer is full of flu-busting vitamin C, with plenty of honey to soothe a sore throat. If you can find Meyer lemons in your area, use them to make an extra-sweet and fragrant drink. Adapted from Honey: From Flower to Table by Stephanie Rosenbaum.
- 2 lemons
- 3 whole cloves
- 2 tablespoons honey, or to taste
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1Squeeze juice of 1 lemon into a large mug.
- 2Slice remaining lemon thinly. Poke cloves into lemon slices and drop slices into mug.
- 3Add honey and fill cup with hot water.
- 4Stir with cinnamon stick until honey has dissolved. Taste for sweetness and add more honey as needed.
This recipe, while from a trusted source, may not have been tested by the CHOW food
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved