Table Talk with Michael Pollan of The Omnivore’s Dilemma Tenth Anniversary Edition |
Ask Your Questions Now ›
Brandied Pear-Walnut Tart
Honey-Ginger Pear Trifle
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon packed light brown sugar
- 1 medium Bosc pear
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 graham crackers, crumbled into pea-size pieces (about 1/4 cup)
This sweet treat uses common ingredients to make a simple, elegant dish that’s great for breakfast or dessert.
This recipe was featured as part of our Valentine’s Day Breakfast in Bed menu.
- 1Place cream in a medium bowl and whisk until stiff peaks form, about 3 minutes. Add yogurt and brown sugar and whisk to combine; place in the refrigerator.
- 2Peel, core, and chop the pear into small dice, then place in a small bowl. Add honey, lemon juice, and ginger and stir to combine.
- 3Assemble the trifles using 2 (4-ounce) glasses. Spoon 2 tablespoons of the yogurt mixture into the bottom of each glass. Top each with 1 tablespoon of the graham crackers, then 2 tablespoons of the pear mixture. Repeat to make 2 complete layers in each glass. Serve.