Table Talk with Nicole Plue, Director of Pastry Arts at SF Cooking School |
Ask Your Questions Now ›
Grain-Free Cauliflower Fried Rice
Hamburger Helper Helper
- frozen lb of ground beef, pre-cooked
- Any boxed dish requiring a lb of ground beef
Single parenting time and money efficiency needs inspired this one.
- 1The following assumes that some day when you came home from grocery shopping, having purchased a 5 lb (or larger) chub of ground beef, you broke it into bits and placed it on a broiler pan and broiled until cooked well. The fat drained into the pan below through the slats. You then divided your cooked 5 lb chub into 5 roughly equal parts & packaged each into a zip lock sandwich bag and froze it.
- 2Need a meal in a dash? Put one of the frozen ground beef packages in a covered casserole dish with contents of a Hamburger Helper entree (or just about anything requiring a lb of ground beef) and water as needed.
- 3Hit the appropriate number of minutes on your microwave panel.
- 4Stir and enjoy!