Pizza Dough Gnocchi
Table Talk with Michael Pollan of The Omnivore’s Dilemma Tenth Anniversary Edition |
Ask Your Questions Now ›
- 1 whole wheat ball of proofed pizza dough
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 small thinly sliced onion
- 2/3 cup fig jam
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2/3 cup fresh sweet basil leaves, whole
- 1 1/2 cups gorgonzola
- 1 1/2 cups arugula
- 1 lemon, cut in half
A vegetarian version of my favourite pizza! Crispy basil replaces prosciutto.
- 1Cut the pizza dough in half and roll out to make 2 thin crust pizzas. Bake in a 350 oven for 6 minutes or until the edges turn golden brown.
- 2Spread half the fig jam on each pizza and return to the oven until dough is cooked through.
- 3Meanwhile, crisp up the basil leaves in the olive oil. Remove from pan and place on a paper towel. Season with salt to taste.
- 4In a separate pan, caramelize onion in the butter.
- 5Divide the onions, basil leaves, gorgonzola and arugula between both pizzas. Squeeze half of each lemon over pizzas. Slice and serve!