Green Bean and Cherry Tomato Salad
Adapted from Francine Maroukian
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallot (from about 1 medium shallot)
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest (from about 2 medium lemons)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, plus more as needed
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more as needed
- 6 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (from about 3 medium lemons)
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds green beans, ends trimmed
- 2 pints (1 pound) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves and stems
1Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil and prepare an ice water bath by filling a bowl halfway with ice and water; set aside. Meanwhile, make the dressing.
2Place the shallot, lemon zest, and measured salt and pepper in a medium, nonreactive bowl and add the lemon juice. While whisking constantly, slowly drizzle in the oil and whisk until evenly combined. Set the dressing aside.
3Add the green beans to the boiling water and cook until crisp-tender, about 3 to 4 minutes. Drain and transfer to the prepared ice water bath. When the beans are chilled, drain again and thoroughly pat dry with paper towels.
4Place the beans, tomatoes, and parsley in a large bowl, pour in the dressing, and toss to coat thoroughly. Taste and add more salt and pepper as needed.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved