Table Talk with Michael Pollan of The Omnivore’s Dilemma Tenth Anniversary Edition |
Ask Your Questions Now ›
Lewy's Chicken and Stilton with fresh basil.
Grandma Cuca's Chicken Pozole
- whole chicken cut in pieces seasoned with salt
- large pot with cold water
- large can of hominy (the big can)
- 1 8oz can of Red Chile Sauce
- 1 T whole margoram
- 4 whole cloves of Christopher Ranch California grown garlic is best
- Garnish: lemon wedges, tostadas tortillas, shredded cabbage and Tapatillo Hot Sauce
- Salt to taste
This is a great “pozole” without the pork. Soup consist of the regular “granos”, hominy and marjoram but stops short of the labor intensive work of making homemade pasilla chile sauce. The kids love it with all the garnishes..
- 1Get the cut up chicken boiling in pot.
- 2While chicken is boiling prepare the sauce:
In a blender add the Red Chile Sauce, garlic and crushed marjoram. I like to crush it in the palm of my hand over the blender.
- 3When the chicken is nice and tender , add the sauce and hominy. Let it come to a full boil.
- 4Serve hot
- 5Garnish first with lemon, then add the cabbage and Tapatillo sauce.
The tostadas are served on the side. I crush mine in my soup.