Gluten Free Piña Colada Smoothie
I love making smoothies for myself and the boys. During the last few months, several people have asked me what kind of protein powder I use in my frozen drinks. My favorite protein powder, in fact, the only one I use is made of egg white and stevia and is produced by the incredible Frank Zane.
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 heaping cup frozen pineapple
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 scoop protein powder
- 2 ice cubes
- 1Combine water, coconut milk and frozen pineapple in a vita-mix
- 2Puree on high speed until smooth
- 3Blend in coconut oil, then protein powder, then ice cubes
- 4Serve to hungry little children or thirsty adults
Member recipes are not tested by the Chowhound editorial team .
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved