Adapted from Nopa Restaurant
San Francisco neighborhood joint Nopa has garnered a lot of attention for its tasty, straightforward food, but it’s the drinks that keep us coming back. The Sunshine Bitters in this recipe are made in-house and used in this aptly named cocktail, which gets its moniker from an opal that glows reddish under light.
What to buy: St-Germain is a sweet and floral elderflower liqueur. It can be found at high-end liquor stores and online.
Amontillado sherry is a medium-dry sherry with a distinctive nutty flavor.
- 2 ounces amontillado sherry
- 1 ounce St-Germain elderflower liqueur
- 3 dashes Sunshine Bitters
- Lemon twist, for garnish
- 1Place a cocktail glass in the freezer to chill.
- 2Place the sherry, elderflower liqueur, and bitters in a cocktail shaker. Add ice to fill the shaker halfway. Stir briskly with a barspoon until thoroughly chilled, about 30 seconds.
- 3Strain into the chilled cocktail glass and garnish with the lemon twist.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved