Clear Ginger Cosmopolitan
Ginger Mojitos for a Crowd
For the base:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 (4-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated on the large holes of a box grater (about 1/3 cup packed)
- 2 cups tightly packed fresh mint leaves (from about 2 bunches)
- 1 (750-milliliter) bottle white rum
- 1 1/2 cups freshly squeezed lime juice (from about 18 medium limes)
- 2 1/4 cups} club soda, chilled
- 12 fresh mint sprigs
Infusing lots of mint and freshly grated ginger into a simple syrup takes the muddling out of these Mojitos. Since the base of the cocktail is made in advance, all you have to do is add ice and club soda—perfect for parties or your next tailgate.
This recipe was featured as part of our Tailgating recipe slideshow.
For the base:
1In a small saucepan, bring the sugar, water, and ginger to a boil over high heat, stirring to dissolve the sugar, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat, add the mint leaves, stir to combine, and let cool to room temperature, about 1 hour.
2Place a fine-mesh strainer over a 1-1/2- to 2-quart container and strain the syrup, discarding the solids. Add the rum and lime juice and stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate until well chilled.
1For 1 drink, fill a 10-ounce glass with ice. Add 1/2 cup of the Mojito base, top with 3 tablespoons of the club soda, and stir to combine. Garnish with a mint sprig.
Recommended from Chowhound