Table Talk with Michael Pollan of The Omnivore’s Dilemma Tenth Anniversary Edition |
Ask Your Questions Now ›
Chocolate Cherry Trifle
Fudgy Brownies (For Chocolate Cherry Trifle)
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
These fudgy brownies are easy to make and provide a great base for Chocolate Cherry Trifle. (Recipe also on Chow.com). The brownies are also delicious on their own.
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 13×9 × 2 inch baking pan.
- 2In a small bowl combine flour, salt, and baking powder and set aside.
- 3Melt the butter and pour into a large mixing bowl. Whisk in the sugar and cocoa powder.
- 4Add the vanilla extract and eggs and mix until smooth.
- 5Add the flour mixture and stir with a wooden spoon. Do not overmix.
- 6Pour batter into prepared pan and spread evenly to edges.
- 7Bake for approximately 25 minutes. Cool completely in pan. Cover with plastic wrap. Can make the day before assembling the trifle.