Table Talk with Nicole Plue, Director of Pastry Arts at SF Cooking School |
Ask Your Questions Now ›
Southern Style Fruit Shortcake
Ethiopian-style Timatim Fitfit
- 1 tsp. berbere or red pepper paste (awaze)
- 1/3 cup wine (white, rose or red) or tej
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 medium tomato (chopped)
- 1/2 medium onion (chopped)
- 1 Jalapeno (chopped)
- 1/2 Anaheim pepper (chopped)
- 1 clove diced garlic.
- 1 fresh injera ripped into small pieces
Ethiopian-style bread salad using injera, a flat bread
- 1Mix berbere or red pepper paste with wine.
- 2Add lemon juice and olive oil.
- 3Add tomatoes, onions, peppers and garlic, Mix well.
- 4Break injera into small pieces and add to mixture. Let sit until liquid is absorbed (about 1 hour).
- 5Serve cold. Refrigerate mixture in bottle or jar.
- 6Note: Amounts of tomatoes, onions and peppers can be adjusted to taste or what is on hand.