Table Talk with Michael Pollan of The Omnivore’s Dilemma Tenth Anniversary Edition |
Ask Your Questions Now ›
Meyer Lemon and Black Pepper Cookies
Bosc Pear Avocado Salad with Ginger Vinaigrette...
Edamame and Sweet Corn Salad with Meyer Lemon and Ginger Vinaigrette
- 8 oz. frozen edamame
- 8 oz. frozen sweet corn (or fresh, stripped from the cob and blanched)
- 3/4 cup red bell pepper, chopped into 1/2" dice
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, chopped into 1/4" dice
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1-1/2 Tbsp Meyer lemon juice, or a bit more to taste
- 1-1/2 tsp grated ginger root, or more to taste
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
After seeing a picture of a store-bought Edamame Salad in an ad for BJ’s Wholesale Club, I went there and wrote down their ingredients to see if they’d interest me – and most of them did! I came up with my own vinaigrette for this salad, and I think it’s going to go into regular rotation this summer. Excellent alongside grilled chicken, salmon, or steak!
- 1Bring a large pot of water to the boil, and add edamame (I used a half bag of Trader Joe’s frozen, shelled edamame). Boil for 2 minutes, add frozen corn, and turn off heat. Let sit for 1 minute, and then drain. Plunge colander into a large bowl of very cold water to stop the edamame and corn from cooking. When edamame and corn are cool, drain well, and put into a bowl. Add red bell pepper and sweet onion and mix well.
- 2In a separate small bowl, whisk together the oil, lemon juice, grated ginger, salt and pepper. Pour over salad mixture and gently stir to mix well.
- 3Chill in fridge for 2 hours or so before serving. Gently remix salad just before serving, and taste for additional seasoning, if needed.