Table Talk with Nicole Plue, Director of Pastry Arts at SF Cooking School |
Ask Your Questions Now ›
Apple Matzoh Pudding
Fresh Apple Pie
Dixon Apple Pie Tamales
- 2 eggs plus 1 yolk
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 loaf French bread, cubed
- 6 Dixon or tart cooking apples, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground canela
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 6 to 8 corn husks, soaked and drained
Normally savory tamales go sweet for dessert.
This was featured as part of our Fruits of Fall story.
- 1Mix eggs, yolk, sugar, and cream until sugar is dissolved. Add cubed bread and toss until well soaked.
- 2Toss apples, sugar, canela, cornstarch, and sour cream.
- 3Combine and mix the bread and apple mixtures.
- 4Place in a parchment-lined pan and bake at 350°F for 50 to 60 minutes. Turn onto work surface and cut into rectangles 1 1/2 inches by 3 inches. Place in husks and garnish with powdered sugar or crème anglaise.