Table Talk with Michael Pollan of The Omnivore’s Dilemma Tenth Anniversary Edition |
Ask Your Questions Now ›
The Stars Fell on Alabama
Dip for the Stars
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 lb feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 3 tablespoons dry vermouth
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- white pepper, to taste
- 1 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped
- 3/4 cup pesto sauce
This recipe is so creamy and full of flavor.
Can be made ahead.
It calls for dry vermouth, but it can be left out or substituted with rice wine vinegar, or even the seasoned rice wine vinegar. Either way, it’s delicious! This is party sized, but you can re-size it with no problem. Times are approximate, and do include the refrigeration.
- 1In a food processor, combine the butter, feta cheese, cream cheese, garlic, shallot, vermouth, if using, and white pepper.
- 2Pulse till smooth.
- 3Oil a medium bowl, or gelatin mold, and line with plastic wrap for easy removal.
- 4Layer the dip into the mold as follows:.
Sun-dried tomatoes, pine nuts, pesto, and cheese mixture.
- 6Pat down into the mold, and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- 7Turn the dip out onto a serving plate, and remove the plastic wrap.
- 8Serve with crackers.