Best Cranberry Sauce Ever
This never fails to be “the best cranberry sauce I’ve ever tasted”. Don’t trust me, just try it!
- 1 large Navel Orange zested and cut in 1" chunks (including peel)
- 3/4 stick of butter
- 1 lb. bag fresh cranberry
- Approx. 3/4 bottle of Burgundy
- Sugar to taste (1/2 to 3/4 cup)
- 1/4 tsp. Allspice
- 1 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. Nutmeg
- 1 Tbl.. Lemon juice
- 1 1/2 oz. cognac
- 1 16 oz. can cherry pie filling
- 1 16 oz. can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 2 Tbl. cornstarch in 1/2 cup cold water (slurry)
- 1Sautee orange with zest cut into 1" chunks (including peel) in butter for 2 minutes,
- 2add fresh cranberry and cover with burgundy wine,
- 3add sugar and cook over medium heat, stirring til cranberries are about 1/2 liquid,
- 4add all other ingredients except slurry and cook til desired consistency.
- 5Add additional sugar or cognac to taste.
- 6Add cornstarch to thicken if needed.
Member recipes are not tested by the Chowhound editorial team .
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved