Corn with Chèvre and Red Peppers
This quick dish combines corn, cream, and goat cheese for an unexpected, Frenchy twist on classic creamed corn.
What to buy: This can be made using fresh or frozen kernels.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 medium shallots, thinly sliced
- 6 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels (thaw and drain frozen, if using)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 5 ounces chèvre (fresh goat cheese)
- 1 (8-ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained, medium dice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh marjoram leaves
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped Italian parsley
1Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. When it foams, add shallots and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft and translucent, about 3 minutes.
2Add corn and cream, and let simmer, stirring occasionally, until cream is slightly reduced, about 5 minutes.
3Stir in chèvre until it melts and is well incorporated. Stir in red peppers, marjoram, and parsley. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved