Table Talk with Michael Pollan of The Omnivore’s Dilemma Tenth Anniversary Edition |
Ask Your Questions Now ›
Christmas Sugar Cookies
- 400g Baby carrots, scrubbed or peeled
- 250g unsalted butter, softened
- Small bunch of fresh thyme
- Small pinch of cumin seeds, crushed
- Zest of 1 orange
Wow your guests with this impressive but easy dish.
On Christmas Eve (or the day before you’re serving this) you can prepare the butter to save time on the big day and refrigerate.
- 1Hold the thyme sprigs under a hot running tap for around a minute and when cool enough to handle, strip the leaves from the stalks.
- 2In a food processor blend the thyme leaves, cumin seeds, orange zest and butter.
- 3Scoop out the butter and lay in the centre of a sheet of greaseproof paper. Roll one edge of the paper over the butter and roll to make into a cylinder shape. Twist the ends (it will look like a Christmas cracker at this point!) and place in the fridge to harden up.
- 4Steam the carrots for around ten minutes then remove and place in their serving bowl.
- 5Cut some slices of the set butter and toss with the carrots before serving.