"Chocotorta": No-bake chocolate cookie & dulce de leche cake
This is the most Argentinian of cakes, loved by kids and adults alike, present in almost every birthday party or special occasion as it is really easy to make and decadently delicious. There is also the non-chocolate version called “Coquitorta” made with coconut cookies instead and you can use any cookies of your choice as long as they are thin and flat.
- 2 packets of chocolate cookies (chocolate tea biscuits or similar)
- 1 can of Dulce de Leche (La Lechera or others)
- 1 small pot of light cream cheese (like Philadelphia)
- 300 ml milk
- Chocolate chips or grated coconut (optional)
- 1Place milk in a shallow tray. Get a rectangular (preferable) glass or ceramic plate ready fr the cake (no need to grease).
- 2Coat each biscuit in milk and line on the plate, sticking each one right next to the other in three long rows covering the whole surface of the plate. Once you have the first layer of milked cookies duly aligned, mix the dulce de leche and cream cheese in a bowl until well blended.
- 3Spread a thick layer of the dulce de leche/cream cheese mixture over the first layer of biscuits. Add another layer of biscuits and another of the sweet mixture upto as many as you like (ideally at least 4 of each). Finish with a dulce de leche/cream cheese layer and sprinkle with chocolate chips or grated coconut on top. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Member recipes are not tested by the Chowhound editorial team .
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved