My boyfriend is right from Mexico, has only been in Canada for a little over a year now. I have never liked Guacamole but he could live off the stuff, so I of course offered to try his and it has completely changed my views on the whole thing. This is a chunky version from a small town in the very center of Mexico and it is amazing stuff. You can put it on rice, in tacos, or of course chips. We eat it with everything. I hope you enjoy!
- 1 Roma Tomato, diced very small
- 1/2 Medium Red Onion, diced fine
- 1 Jalapeno, diced fine (leave seeds and membranes in for more heat or remove for a less intense heat)
- 1/4 of a Bunch of Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 Lime, juiced into the bowl
- 2 Avocados, diced (easiest way is to cut in half vertically, remove the pit and slice the avocado right in the shell and use a spoon to remove)
- Salt, to taste ( we add about 1-2 tsp.)
- 1 of the Pit's from an Avocado
1Combine first 4 ingredients in a bowl. Squeeze lime juice over top, but do not stir.
2Cover with the diced avocado then combine. Add salt to taste.
3Add the avocado pit into the bowl and leave it in with the guacamole, it’s a Mexican secret to keeping the avocado from turning black once it has sat for a little while. Do not mash the avocado into the other ingredients. Leave it chunky, trust me it’s amazing.
Member recipes are not tested by the Chowhound editorial team .
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved