My boyfriend is right from Mexico, has only been in Canada for a little over a year now. I have never liked Guacamole but he could live off the stuff, so I of course offered to try his and it has completely changed my views on the whole thing. This is a chunky version from a small town in the very center of Mexico and it is amazing stuff. You can put it on rice, in tacos, or of course chips. We eat it with everything. I hope you enjoy!
- 1 Roma Tomato, diced very small
- 1/2 Medium Red Onion, diced fine
- 1 Jalapeno, diced fine (leave seeds and membranes in for more heat or remove for a less intense heat)
- 1/4 of a Bunch of Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 Lime, juiced into the bowl
- 2 Avocados, diced (easiest way is to cut in half vertically, remove the pit and slice the avocado right in the shell and use a spoon to remove)
- Salt, to taste ( we add about 1-2 tsp.)
- 1 of the Pit's from an Avocado
- 1Combine first 4 ingredients in a bowl. Squeeze lime juice over top, but do not stir.
- 2Cover with the diced avocado then combine. Add salt to taste.
- 3Add the avocado pit into the bowl and leave it in with the guacamole, it’s a Mexican secret to keeping the avocado from turning black once it has sat for a little while. Do not mash the avocado into the other ingredients. Leave it chunky, trust me it’s amazing.
Member recipes are not tested by the Chowhound editorial team .
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved