Table Talk with Michael Pollan of The Omnivore’s Dilemma Tenth Anniversary Edition |
Ask Your Questions Now ›
Charles Chocolates Marshmallows
Charles Chocolates Graham Crackers
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup graham flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1Heat the oven to 350°F.
- 2Combine the butter, sugars, and honey in a mixer, and cream until soft and fluffy. In a separate bowl, sift together the flours, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon. Add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture and mix until just combined. Use your hands to press the dough together until it forms a ball.
- 3Flour a clean and dry surface with graham flour. Roll out the dough to a 12-by-12-inch square and then cut into nine 4-inch squares. Prick the surface of the squares with a fork and place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- 4Bake the dough until the top is golden brown, slightly blistered, and dry looking, about 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and place on a rack to cool.