Table Talk with Nicole Plue, Director of Pastry Arts at SF Cooking School |
Ask Your Questions Now ›
Apple-Spice Layer Cake with Caramel Swirl Icing...
White Cake with Lemon-Lime Curd Filling and...
Beer spice cake with lemon glaze
- 31/2 cups all purp. flour,3/4 tsp. salt, l1/2 tsp.B.Soda, l1/2 tsp. B.powder, 1 T. ground
- ginger, 3/4 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp.cloves,3/4 tsp. aniseseed,3/4 tsp. molasses,3/4 c.unsalted butter melted
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar,12 oz beer,2 lge.eggs,3/4 cup milk,2 cups chopped pecans toasted, 1 c. icing sugar,31/2 T. fresh lemon juice
a spicey fall aromatic moist cake
- 1Preheat oven to 350, butter a glass baking dish, 12×8×2 in. Into a large bowl, sift tog. the flour, salt, B.S., b.p. and the spices. In a bowl whisk tog. the molasses, butter, br. sugar, beer, eggs, milk and add the mixture to the flour mixture. Whisk the batter until it is combined and stir in the pecans. Batter will be thin.
- 2Pour batter into the baking dish, bake 30 min. or till firm to the touch, and a toothpick comes out clean.
- 3Make glaze, poke holes in cake and pour glaze over cake, let cool, enjoy!!!