Table Talk with Michael Pollan of The Omnivore’s Dilemma Tenth Anniversary Edition |
Ask Your Questions Now ›
Red Velvet Bundt Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting...
Cream Cheese Frosting
Banana Pecan Torte with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups banana, over ripe, mashed, 3-4 medium
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup pecans, chopped and toasted
- 8 ounces cream cheese, 1 package
- 1/2 cup butter, softened, 1 stick
- 3-1/2 cups powered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
I saw this recipe in a magazine and had to try it, looked so good. I always have a bunch of bananas in my freezer waiting to be used and this cake looked liked it would be worth trying. I have to say it was delicious and the cream cheese frosting was a perfect topping for it.
- 1Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease and flour three 9-in. round cake pans, tapping out the excess flour. In a bowl, whisk together the first 3 dry ingredients; set aside. Toast pecans; set aside to cool. Mash bananas and measure out 2 cups; set aside.
- 1In a large mixing bowl, cream softened butter and sugar until light and fluffy , about 4 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the bananas and vanilla. Add the flour mixture alternately with the buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Stir in 3/4 cup of the pecans. Divide evenly into prepared pans.
- 1Bake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes before inverting onto wire racks to cool completely.
- 1For frosting, beat cream cheese, butter and sugar in a small mixing bowl. Add vanilla. Spread only between layers and over top of cake. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup of pecans.
- 2See other recipes at: www.havefunbaking.com
And also at: www.lovetobakeandcook.blogspot.com