Banana Hot Chocolate
Reminiscent of the chocolate-dipped frozen bananas from our childhood, this hot chocolate is infused with blended bananas and makes for a sweet treat that pleases kids of all ages.
What to buy: For this recipe, use high-end chocolate, such as El Rey 41 percent milk chocolate.
- 1 medium banana, about 2 1/2 ounces
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 5 ounces good-quality milk chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1In a blender combine banana, milk, and cream. Blend on high until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- 2Strain banana mixture into a small saucepan over medium heat and cook until simmering, about 4 minutes.
- 3Add chocolate and whisk until completely melted and well incorporated, about 2 minutes. Serve immediately.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved