Baked Macaroni and Cheese
I grew up eating and making this recipe. This is a baked casserole kind of mac n’ cheese and is amazing. None of this Velveeta or American cheese garbage. This is the real deal.
- 1 box elbow macaroni
- 1 pound cheddar cheese, grated
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- chopped tomatoes (optional)
- 1Cook the pasta according to package directions (I add salt and olive oil to the water while boiling).
- 2Whisk eggs and milk together.
- 3When pasta is cooked and cooled, mix into eggs and milk mixture.
- 4Mix grated cheese in, reserving about 1/4 cup for the top.
- 5Season with salt and pepper and garlic salt.
- 6Add chopped tomatoes, if desired.
- 7Pour into greased 9 × 13 pan.
- 8Sprinkle remaining cheddar cheese on top.
- 9Bake for 1 hour at 375 degrees, until top is crispy and knife inserted in middle comes out clean.
Member recipes are not tested by the Chowhound editorial team .
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved