Table Talk with Chef Zachary Golper of Bien Cuit |
Answers Are In! ›
Steamed Fish with Chickpeas and Currants
Cranberry and Pistachio Biscotti
Baked Fish with a Mango Sauce and a Pistachio Cranberry Crust
- 4-6 filets of white fish depending on the size
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries chopped
- 1/2-3/4 cup dried Italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pistachios shelled
- 1/2 cup Mango salsa which is pretty easy to find now so is mango jam and/or jelly or Apricot jelly or jam would be an acceptable substitute
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
A nice twist for a easy baked fish dish usually some unique flavor but still highlighting the fish flavor.
This can be made with Grouper which I prefer the thicker fish, Cod would work well, even the less pricey Tilapia or even snapper. Use whatever your market has on sale. Also, I prefer pistachios, but if you prefer pecans by all means
- 1On a large cookie sheet, line with foil and preheat oven to 350. Spray foil with pam and rub with a little olive oil. Top with fish fillets which have been patted dry.
- 2Spread each filet with a spoon of the mango salsa or whatever type of fruit spread you get. Go lightly with the thinner filets such as Tilapia. You can add a bit more with thicker filets such as Grouper or Cod.
- 3In a bowl mix the breadcrumbs, nuts, cranberries, some additional salt and pepper and the butter. Top with fish with the bread crumbs and press down lightly to make a nice crust on the top.
- 4Bake at 350 uncovered for 20-25 minutes accordingly to the thickness of the fish. I would garnish wish fresh mango slices if possible to repeat the flavor.