Just went for Yum Cha at Grand Harbour down at the Viaduct:
Not really an expert on Yum Cha - have had it maybe a dozen times but still getting to grips with all the dishes on offer - but this was definitely the best example of Yum Cha dishes I have ever had.
- crab - softshell fried with chili, salt and pepper
- sui mai - this was by the far the best i have had
- delicous melt in the mouth egg custard tarts
- coconut jelly - a bit tough for my liking (maybe a lot of agar?) but nice flavour
- combination dumpling - this was turnip, peanut and other things (?what) in a soft wrapper
- scallop dumpling - same wrapper as the above
- tripe - not sure what sauce but very delicious and garlicy
and of course tea!
all up for 2 of us was $50NZ and we had way too much food
Interested to hear what other chowhounders think of this place and what your favourite yum cha places and dishes are!!