I am gearing up for a road trip from New York to Hilton Head, and am planning Chow stops accordingly. I've been perusing this board and have found some great ideas. However, I need help/opinions with our specific agenda!
1) We will probably be ready for breakfast around 8 or 9 AM, somewhere between Richmond and the NC border (might even consider an earlier breakfast between DC and Richmond on 95 if there's anything great open then!). Any recs for an amazing breakfast to refresh us on our long trek?
2) I've read on this board about Fuller's in Lumberton NC. Timewise and distancewise, this seems like it will be a good option for us for lunch. Should we do the buffet, or order a la carte? What's the best stuff to order?
3) I am a huge ice cream buff (could you tell from my username?). I love roadside ice cream stands and would love recs for ANY homemade ice cream spots convenient to 95, specifically between Lumberton, NC and the turn-off for HHI at Rte 278.
4) I'd like to spend one day in Savannah since I've never been to GA. Mrs. Wilkes seems like a favorite on this board. If you could choose 1 or 2 meals in Savannah, what would they be? Please note that I consider dessert a meal. :)
5) On the way back, I would love to stop in Maryland and eat some crabs. Are there any can't-miss crab spots that are convenient to 95?
Thanks so much for answers to any or all of my queries!
Updated 2 months ago | 1
Updated 4 months ago | 1
Updated 3 months ago | 0
Updated 1 month ago | 33
Updated 4 days ago | 35