I have a friend in the culinary business who spent three days making, reducing and clarifying a shellfish stock as well as a veal stock. When the time came to use it, he dumped the shellfish stock into the recipe for the veal, and vice versa. He left the line - and the restaurant - out of pure fear. Myself, I was cooking for a private party, and one thing I'd learned without fail is to turn the oven ON when you get into the kitchen. Which I did do, but did not check inside first. Man of the house was an airline pilot who bought much liquor and wine duty free. Guess where they stored it? In the oven that nobody ever used. The explosions and fires started not long after. There was nothing to do for it but use a chemical extinguisher and start picking glass out of....everything. Their gourmet dinner that evening was Thai takeout. What's your horrendous story?