After spending the last 3 years on travel to the Boston area, I feel like the kid outside the candy store looking in. I'm stuck most of the time in the Sudbury or Marlboro area, without the time or energy to make it in to Boston (an hours's drive).
Can anyone help with suggestions within a reasonable (20 minute) driving time of Route 20 between 128 and 495?
Some of my finds to date:
1. I'll confirm the authenticity of Taqueria Mexico in Waltham (as a third generation San Diegan who made my own tortillas in England for a number of years). Try the fresh juice drinks.
2. Speaking of England, best fish and chips are at the Piccadilly Pub on 85 in Hudson. And a great bargain at something like 7.99 for a single dinner or $10.99 for two.
3. Two Thai restaurants. A "nice" restaurant at the corner of Hosmer Road and Boston Post Road (Route 20) in Marlboro, excellent food. And a mostly take-out with a few tables, reputedly run by the former cook of the first restaurant, I think the name is Thai Street, also on Boston Post Road, in Sudbury west of the Star Market but east of the 99 restaurant. Char-broiled Garlic Salmon with stirfried vegs is my choice. Pad Thai is bland.
4. Wonderful lobster roll at JT's, a small local pub in Westboro, on 135 South just off Route 9. Worth a trip.
5. I know Outback Steakhouse is a chain, but I suggest you try them - in addition to steaks, they have superior hamburgers and rack of lamb. Eat at the bar if you are too far down the waiting list.
6. Someone recommended the Ataska in Cambridge for Portuguese food, but I haven't made it there yet. Anyone know it?
Updated 1 year ago | 0
Updated 5 months ago | 5
Updated 2 years ago | 3
Updated 5 days ago | 22
Updated 1 day ago | 15