Perhaps you can help-- you always have before! I've got my first ever trip to Asia next week and I'm in the process (as with any great trip!) of identifying where and how to plan my eating. Although I'll be traveling with a work contingent, I'm pleased to say I have an entire weekend in Singapore to myself! And I am looking for your CAN'T MISS dining destinations. A couple of principles:
1. I may be dining and traveling solo for these
2. I'm an English speaker which I think should be OK for dining in Singapore.
3. I don't need to eat in restaurants (though I will)-- I hear the food stalls are very worth my time...
4. I'm "reasonably adventurous" but am not interested in drinking snake blood. :)
5. Would be good to eat at someplace that is easy to get a cab to, and take a cab from, or near appropriate and fun destination.
As for kind of food-- I know there's no single "type of food" in Singapore, so I'm mostly just looking for what's best! I've never been to southeast Asia, India, or anywhere else of the like, but I love the food I've been exposed to from there. Oh, and I'd love any tips you have in general on getting around there, foodwise. I know there have been lots of posts on this board, but I did a look before posting and didn't find quite this question-- so I'll turn it over to you Hounds, who have been SO helpful to me in the past!
PS-- I'll also be traveling to China (Guangzhou, Shanghai) for several days and will have an opportunity for a meal or two in Narita Airport in Tokyo. I'll make separate posts on the appropriate boards, but VERY happy to have your opinions here, too!