We're coming up from LA and will be based around the 26th Avenue Beach area for a week. We are open to just about anything (really) as long as it's Chow-worthy - ethnic, local, seafood, high-end, low-end, mid-range, etc. Two adults, two open-minded Chow-pups (eight- and ten-years old), and our family dog.
- We will consider any eateries within about an hour of where we are staying. Staying in the Santa Cruz area would be great, but is there anything in the outlying areas we should consider?
- Our kids will eat most things, but kid-friendly is fine as well. We've spent a couple of summer vacations up in Marin, Sonoma and Napa, enjoying the offerings up there, and they were fine with almost everything. They of course love their burgers and fries, but will also eat raw oysters on the half-shell and most cheeses as well, and just about anything in between.
- Does Santa Cruz have any eateries where we can bring our dog? In LA, many cafes have outdoor eating areas where dogs are "allowed" on the outer perimeter. Anything similar in Santa Cruz?
- We'd like to take in a couple of eateries that have reference to local wines. We've heard about Bonny Doon's Cellar Door Cafe. Any word on this place? Any others we should consider?
- Speaking of wines, we'd also like to purchase some local wines. Bonny Doon seems to be the 800-pound gorilla in these parts (and we do like their wines), but should we consider any other cellars? We don't have to actually visit the wineries - getting them from local shops is fine with us. But of course, if there are tastings, we're there! We also enjoy good beers on tap. Breadth isn't important - a good selection of well-chosen beers is what we'd appreciate.
- The kids will want to spend at least a day or two at The Boardwalk. We hope there might be some decent food choices within walking distance. If not, we can always grab breakfast or lunch elsewhere.
- Is there anything around the 26th Avenue Beach area that we should consider? We have no idea what's around there. Walking somewhere to eat would be wonderful, but we have access to bikes, and of course our car.
- We do like to cook as well. Which stores/purveyors should we consider for our grocery needs?
Thank you very much
Updated 8 months ago | 20
Updated 1 year ago | 32
Updated 8 months ago | 15
Updated 2 months ago | 3
Updated 5 months ago | 3