I have house guests (in-laws) coming in on Sunday. Unfortunately I have to work out of town the rest of this week...so I'm now under the gun. Here is my tentative plan:
Sunday-Zuni chicken and bread salad, tomato mozzerella salad
Monday-Filets, twice baked potatos, Nigella watermelon salad
Tuesday-breakfast...omlets or scrambled eggs, pancakes or waffles, fruit salad
Wednesday-Roast pork loin w/ fig sauce
Thur,fri,Sat - eating out in Charleston...thus no seafood in the rest of the menu
Sunday - BLT's and gazpacho (will have eaten huge brunch in Charleston)
1) Has anyone made Zuni chicken using just breasts? I think I'm the only one who likes dark meat and the math just doesn't work ;-)
2) Does breakfast for dinner sound good to you? Or are my husband and I alone in considering that a treat?
3) Can you think of a good side dish to go w/ the pork and fig sauce? I will lard the loin w/ pancetta, heat up my homemade jam and thin w/ wine for the sauce. What else should go on the plate? I have a ton of homeade apple sauce, but is that too much fruit? I would prefer something lo cal...since we go to the beach the next day.
4) If you are someone's houseguest...would you feel cheated if there was not dessert every night? I only plan to make dessert for the first night they are here.
5) Any thing else I'm doing that you think might not be pleasing to a couple of 70-ish captives at our house? They are from Wisconsin, are traditional eaters, and have refused to give me a list of their likes/dislikes.