Hello all: I am new to the board and need some help with a very personal wedding present for my brother and his soon-to-be wife. I am looking to do a personal wedding gift for them. They are big wine lovers so I have ordered a custom-engraved 6-bottle wine crate. They prefer red wines over white. I have to pick 6 bottles of wine to represent the following categories:
1. First fight - looking for something tense/hot
2. First Christmas - something festive/holiday feel
3. First yr anniversary: a celebration of the past and present
4. first house (future is bright, celebrate accomplishments)
5. Birth of their first baby
6. 25 yr anniversary
I am trying to pick wines that represent and reflect how one would feel at this momentous time throughout one's marriage. I also need to pick wines that will be able to be stored and opened in the future, i.e. 25 yr anniversary!
Any advice would be helpful as I am just learning about all the different kinds of wines. My price range is anywhere from $50 - $150 per bottle. But I will spend up to $300 for one of the big occasions.
Thank you for all your help and advice!!
Updated 2 years ago | 7
Updated 2 years ago | 14
Updated 2 years ago | 8
Updated 4 months ago | 1
Updated 8 months ago | 10