i will be in honolulu for 3 days in mid June and trying to plan a few meals. My bf and i will be celebrating a special anniversary during our trip as well and wanted to go out for a nice dinner. We love sushi and was thinking of Sasubune but I'm afraid that the "sushi nazi" atmosphere would not be very romantic. What are your thoughts on Kawai for sushi? Is it anniversary appropriate, in terms of ambience? Would love to take advantage of the Happy Hour specials but again I don't know how romantic that would be. I was also thinking of La Mer, Mavro's or Roy's. Opting out on Alan Wong's just based on the comments on the decor and location.
I would love some help in this area as this will be our first time to Hawaii.
So to sum it up, looking for:
- a finer dining restaurant or a casual restaurant with great decor and ambience
- sushi or Hawaiian fusion
- cab ride/walking distance from the Hyatt
- Sunday night availability
- would like to avoid any sort of chain restaurant
- also a suggestion for Sunday brunch...tried to make reservations for Orchids but already booked up (father's day)
- we will be arriving late friday night so a rec for a nice lounge w/ great small bites & drinks would also be appreciated
Thanks in advance for any recs!!! I am so unbelievably excited!
Updated 11 months ago | 8
Updated 1 year ago | 4
Updated 2 years ago | 6
Updated 2 years ago | 9
Updated 2 years ago | 5