We'll be making a trip to SF next week to visit family. Staying in the NW corner of the peninsula (maybe 4 blocks up from the water, near Divasadero? and Chestnut streets). We do have a car although would like to mostly stash it and take public transportation around.
Could you rec some places falling into these categories? Thanks!
1. Walkable from where we're staying, on the evenings when my husband and I can leave the kids with my parents, or during the day when we all want to grab lunch together. I have heard good things about A16, but haven't been. What else is on this stretch of Chestnut?
2. Tasty casual ethnic places in the Tenderloin, and whether to stick to them during lunch or is it safe enough to go for dinner? Is it a bad idea to drive and park there?
3. European influenced continental/pastry breakfast? We have been to Tartine. Looking for more of the same. Not americanized oversugared brick Starbucks-esque pastries.
4. Dim sum! We've been to Yank Sing, and the food although pretty good was way too pricey. We're used to feeding 2 adults and 2 kids on about $30.
5. Finally, an upscale place that my husband and I can bus or drive to, romantic, great preparations, either regional American (emphasis on fresh ingredients well prepared) or even a tapas/small plates thing so that we can sample (not necessarily Spanish). Chez Panisse cafe, Zuni come to mind. Does SF have an equivalent of AOC (LA)? And how far in advance should I be making reservations?
Updated 5 months ago | 6
Updated 2 years ago | 3
Updated 3 months ago | 17
Updated 22 hours ago | 81
Updated 4 days ago | 85